martes, 5 de enero de 2010

Jerry Fuchs

I know this is not news, since Jerry Fuchs the drummer from The Juan McLean, !!! and some other side band projects died almost three months ago on November the 8th. According to the Post, Fuchs was attending a benefit party in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, when he and a friend became stuck in an elevator between floors. The two opened the elevator doors and attempted to jump across the elevator shaft to the nearest floor. The friend made it; Fuchs didn't.

It really saddenned me to realize how sudden his death was, I mean he was only 34, and he was a talented drummer who was having a good time in his life, Fuchs attended the University of Georgia in Athens, GA where he studied graphic design and started drumming for some bands, then he moved to NYC and was associated with DFA Records, he recorded the highly acclaimed album Myth Takes with !!!, and he often performed live or recorded with LCD Soundsystem, MSTRKRFT, and Moby, among others.

The Juan MacLean - The future will come

Maybe it's my imagination but I even find the album cover a bit nostalgic and its title a bit scary, I know of course that "the future will come" and that the only certain thing in life is death, but his death gave me the thrills, I don't know maybe because he died in such a daily life way, riding an elevator, or maybe I just need to watch a couple Six Feet Under episodes. Anyways, this was one of my favorite albums of 2009, and I just found today this great live performance at the Double Door in Chicago of the last song of the album: Happy House, which was largely remixed (I really liked the Lazaro Casanova one - download it here!), and played in almost every indie-electro-club in all over the world. Watch how Fuchs just never stops!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario