miércoles, 28 de octubre de 2009

Performing Everywhere

I've been noticing how artists are performing everywhere, the more random is the venue, the coolest is the gig, anyways, during the years I have been delighted by watching some of my favorite bands do such gigs, here are some of them, I urge you to explore the sites, you never know what you could find.



Site: La Blogotheque

Band: Architecture in Helsinki

Where? - Street: Pierre Bonnard, Paris



Being Architecture in Helsinki an excellent hippiesh Australian band I didn't find this strange, but I think it is pretty good the way they handled this thing, being empathic and all with the people, they look genuinely happy conquering the quartier parisien with their song: heart it races!.



Site: Black Cab Sessions

Band: Britt Daniel (lead singer and guitarrist from Spoon)

Where? - A cab driving around London streets



This is my favorite, maybe because I like Spoon so much, but I bet Daniel a guy from Austin, TX never thought he would be singing I summon you on a taxi in London wearing sunglasses.



Site: Pitchfork

Band: Vampire Weekend

Where? - The Alpha Delta Phi Literary Society at Columbia University, New York City



I found this one pretty amazing, at first I thought what the heck are the doing playing there?, but then I just realized how much they fit, their preppy-geeky clothes, the songs, being Vampire Weekend from NY, I don't doubt they're friends with the girls and the guy playing the chords. I just liked the intimate feel to it.



Site: Mange ta ville

Band: Coeur de pirate

Where? - In front of the old train station Viger at Montreal



A friend just showed me this clip today, and I said to her I'd marry Coeur de pirate tomorrow, I just liked this session too much, I think she's quite good, and of course she's playing outside an old train station in Montreal that looks like a castle, it just couldn't get better.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario